Use this guide to keep your radio tuned to area Bluegrass Radio Shows. If you find any information in error, or have additions or changes, email [email protected] Don’t forget to give the DJ’s a call and tell ’em you heard about their show from the BBU.
All stations are FM unless indicated otherwise. Click on the tabs at the top to switch between regions and states.
- WUMB 91.9, “WUMB Music Mix” (includes bluegrass, folk, Americana and other roots music,) Monday-Friday 6 AM to 7 PM, “Traditional Folk” Sunday 9 PM to Midnight hosted by Jon Gersh (includes many genres including bluegrass), UMass Boston.
- WHRB 95.3, “Hillbilly at Harvard”, Saturday 9 AM to 1 PM, with Cousin Lynn 617-495-4818, Harvard University
- WZBC 90.3, “Sunday Morning Country”, Sunday 10 AM to 2 PM, with Cousin Kate 617-552-4686, Boston College; Playlists at www.spinitron.com
- WMBR 88.1, “Lost Highway” Saturday 8 AM to 10 AM with Doug Gesler, “Troubadour”, Thursday 2 PM to 4 PM, with Bruce Sylvester 617-253-8810; MIT
- WBRS 100.1 “Black Jack Davy”, celtic and folk with Andy Nagy, Mondays, now 8:30PM-10:30PM; “Watch City Coffeehouse”, folk and bluegrass, with Bob Weiser, Tuesdays, now 8PM-10PM; “Off the Beaten Path”, folk bluegrass and country with Michael Kane, Sundays 9am-12pm. 781-736-5277, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA.
- Boston Free Radio.com “Bluegrass Review,” hosted by Phil Nusbaum out of St. Paul, MN on Sundays from 10AM to noon. After that is the Bluegrass Radio Network’s “Into the Blue” from noon to 3PM.
- WUMD 89.3 “Root & Branch” Saturday 5 PM to 9PM with Scott MacKinnon, Paul Wanner and Kevin Mach.
- WOMR 92.1, “Bradford Street Bluegrass” with Various Hosts, Wednesday 5 PM to 8 PM, Provincetown, MA
- WRIU 90.3, Folk and Roots music Monday-Friday 6 PM to 9 PM; “Bluegrass Breakdown”, Friday 6 PM to 9 PM, with Mike Fishman, URI Kingston, RI
- WICN 90.5, “Bluegrass Junction”, Tuesdays 7-11 PM, with Tom Banyai; “Americana” Wednesday 7PM to 11 PM with Nick DiBiasio, Worcester, MA 508-752-0700. Both also stream live over the internet.
- WCUW 91.3 FM. “In the Tradition” – Mondays-Wednesdays 5-8pm and “The Folk Spot”, Sundays 11am-2pm.
Also streaming at http://www.wcuw.org/ 910 Main Street, Worcester MA 01610. 508-753-2284(studio).
- WTCC 90.7, Saturday 1 PM to 3 PM, with Dave Helman, Springfield, MA 413-736-2781
- WMUA 91.1, Sunday 2 PM to 5 PM, Bluegrass and Country, UMass Amherst, MA
- WRSI 95.3, Sun. 8 AM to Noon, with Jim Olsen, Northampton, MA,
- NHPR, “The Folk Show” on New Hampshire Public Radio, Sundays 6-9pm, with Kate McNally, Concord, NH. The folk show features bluegrass, folk, celtic, Americana, and everything acoustic.
- WUML 91.5, “Almost Acoustic”, Saturday Noon to 3 PM, with Tracey Milton, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, Lowell, MA
- WUNH 91.3, “Pickin Parlor”, Sunday 8 AM to 10 AM, with Scott Donnolly and Bob Knight (alternating weeks), Durham, NH
- WKBK 1220 AM, “Monadnock Roundup”, Sunday 5 AM to 9 AM, with Isaac Page, Keene, NH 603-357-1220
- WKNH 91.3, “Bluegrass Billboard”, Tuesday 3 PM to 5 PM, with Isaac Page, Keene, NH 603-358-8863
- WRUV Burlington, VT – 90.1 FM. Sunday evenings friom 6 – 8:00 – Blue Mountain Greengrass with host Duncan Fletcher. Also worldwide at wruv.org, where it is available for streaming and/or downloading for up to a week after each show.
- WERU 89.9, “Bronzewound” Thursday 8 PM to 10 PM, with Darwin Davidson and Paul Anderson, 207-469-0500, East Orland, ME.
- WRBC 91.5, “Folk Beat” Saturday 10 AM to Noon, with Skip Mowry, Bates College, Lewiston, ME 207-777-7915.
- Blue Yodel Show on Portsmouth Community Radio. It’s a low power radio station out of Portsmouth NH but you can pick it up streaming through www.wirenh.com or through the PCR website www.portsmouthcommunityradio.org. The call number is 106.1 for those living in or around Portsmouth. The Blue Yodel plays lots of bluegrass, vintage country, blues, folk and swing. Thanks so much.
- WMHB 89.7, Waterville, ME. “Bubba’s Corner” Tuesday.10am until 1pm. J. & Mrs. J play bluegrass music, old time country, and bluegrass gospel.
- WWUH 91.3, “U-H Radio Bluegrass” Saturday 9 AM to 1 PM, with Brian Burness, West Hartford, CT 860-768-4701
- WHUS 91.7, Bluegrass Cafe with Amy & Jim, Sunday 4-7pm EST. Storrs, CT 860-429-9487
- WVOF 88.5, Friday 6 PM to 9 PM, Fairfield, CT
- WNHU, 88.7 FM, “Black Diamond Show” with Richard Gordon, Mondays Noon-2pm. University of New Haven, West Haven, CT http://blackdiamondshow.blogspot.com
- WFDU 89.1, NYC Thursday and Saturday 6 AM to 9 AM “Bluegrass Express”
- WFUV 90.7, New York City Saturday 1 PM to 3 PM “Shady Grove”
- Upstate NY: Bill Knowlton’s “Bluegrass Ramble”, Sunday 9 PM to midnight, WXNY 91.3 Syracuse; WUNY 89.5 Utica;WJNY 90.9, Watertown
- WUSB 90.1, “Bluegrass Time,” Stony Brook, NY, Wednesday 6:30 – 8 PM with Buddy Merriam, 631-632-9872
- WAMC, “WAMC Bluegrass Time” with Nick Barr, 2-3pm Sundays, Albany, NY (800) 323-WAMC (9262)
- WKCR, The Moonshine Show on , Sundays, 10am-12pm. DJ: Matt Winters.
- WAMU, Bluegrass Country, online around the world on: www.bluegrasscountry.org, on FM in Reston, Virgnia:
on 105.5-FM, and HD Radio on WAMU 88-5 Channel Two in Washington, D.C. Program Guide: http://bluegrasscountry.org/d/program-guide.pdf