On Saturday, February 4th, two-time IBMA Male Vocalist of the Year, Danny Paisley and The Southern Grass will be performing at Lily P’s Fried Chicken & Oysters in Cambridge, MA. Lily P’s is the new home for Bluegrass Tuesdays, the long-running weekly bluegrass series that used to be held at The Cantab Lounge. This special Saturday show is being co-presented by both the BBU and Bluegrass Tuesdays.
Lily P’s Fried Chicken & Oysters was Boston Magazine’s Best of Boston 2022 Best Fried Chicken, so please come early and join us for dinner. Lily P’s is located near Kendall Square at 50 Binney Street in Cambridge, MA 02142. This location is less than a mile from the Leverett Circle exit off I-93 and has unlimited FREE garage parking. Lily P’s is also only a 10-minute walk from both Kendall (Red Line) and Lechmere (Green Line). Please see the Bluegrass Tuesdays about page for important info about the free garage parking.
This show will share some things in common with Bluegrass Tuesdays, while some things will be a little bit different. Here are a few important details, and many more can be found on the Bluegrass Tuesdays’ updates page:
- Danny Paisley and The Southern Grass will be going on at 7 pm, and there will be jamming all over the restaurant starting at 5 pm and lasting well beyond midnight.
- There is very limited seating and Lily P’s will NOT be taking reservations near the stage, so you’ll probably want to arrive early and may have to stand for the show.
- Lily P’s will be reserving a very small number of seats (probably fewer than 10) close to the stage for people with health conditions or impairments. If you want them to try to put one of these seats aside for you (no guarantees), please email [email protected] with your request.
- Like Tuesdays, it’ll be a Pass-the-Boot show with no cover charge and a requested donation of $25.
- In addition to the informal jams starting as early as 5 pm, there will be three teacher-led jams running from 5 until 6:30 pm led by Rich Stillman (advanced), Gretchen Bowder (intermediate), and Tony Watt (beginner).
And as a reminder, further details about these jams, the seating and standing space, and much more can be found on the Bluegrass Tuesdays’ updates page. We hope some of you can join us at Lily P’s on Saturday, February 4th!