Join the Boston Bluegrass Union and celebrate the legacy of the late Joe Val with three big days of indoor bluegrass at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel.
We have a great lineup of national and regional talent, expanded workshops, Kid’s Academy, music vendors, and round-the-clock jamming. Our 2006 event won the coveted “Event of the Year” award from the International Bluegrass Music Association.
- Day & Time TBAThe Travelin’ McCourys do not stand still. They are on the road—and online—entertaining audiences with live shows that include some of the best musicians and … More +
- Day & Time TBAOriginally based in New York, Eric and Leigh Gibson have been playing and singing their special brand of brother duet and bluegrass music since 1983. … More +
- Day & Time TBAWhat more can we say? Nine-time IBMA Fiddle Player of the Year, Michael Cleveland and his band Flamekeeper are also multiple IBMA Instrumental Group of the Year. … More +
- Day & Time TBASister Sadie is a 5-piece acoustic band comprised of 5 very talented female musicians & singers based out of Nashville. They include 5 time IBMA … More +
- Day & Time TBAFrom the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia, Canada, the Spinney Brothers are comprised of Allan Spinney , Rick Spinney, Gary Dalrymple, and Adam Pye . Brother duet … More +
- Day & Time TBADavid Parmley was a member of the venerated group Bluegrass Cardinals until 1992, when he left to form Continental Divide. David has been in … More +
- Day & Time TBACredited for igniting the Old Time Renaissance in the Pacific Northwest, Foghorn Stringband continues to stand out as the shining gold standard for American Stringband … More +
- Day & Time TBASpecial Consensus is a legendary Midwestern bluegrass band that has performed at major festivals since 1975. Over the past 30 years they've recorded over 10 … More +
- friday @Steve had already won esteem for his lofty tenor voice and emotional delivery as an entertainer at Kentucky’s historic Renfro Valley well before he joined … More +
- Day & Time TBASongwriter and folk singer turned bluegrasser, Jim Gaudet and his band the Railroad Boys have been burning up the concert and festival scene in and … More +
- Day & Time TBAThe Reunion Band features veterans of the Boston bluegrass scene, and have played the Joe Val festival several times before. Richie Brown (mandolin) and Margaret … More +
- Day & Time TBAMile Twelve is a fresh, hard driving young band beautifully walking the line between original and traditional bluegrass with their infectious groove and intricate melodies. … More +
- Day & Time TBA...in the next few weeksMore +
- Day & Time TBA... check back for the emerging lineupMore +
Day Tickets will Go On Sale After January 15, 2016
Friday-only Adult member – $35
Friday-only Adult non-member – $45
Friday-only Student – $25
Friday-only Youth (12-15) – $10
Saturday-only Adult member – $60
Saturday-only Adult non-member – $70
Saturday-only Student – $40
Saturday-only Youth (12-15) – $25
Sunday-only Adult Member – $45
Sunday-only Adult non-member – $55
Sunday-only Student – $25
Sunday-only Youth (12-15) – $20
Under 12 Free
et prices and availability will be announced in late October or early November.
Joe Val Hotel Reservation Update: The Sheraton Hotel is sold out. We opened up sales on Tuesday, November 17 2015 at 7pm EST and sold out in one minute.
As in the past, we have reserved a limited number of rooms at nearby hotels (since the Sheraton always sells out quickly).